Friday, October 7, 2016

Queen's Thief 5 Announced!

Insert appropriate jumping up and down screaming gif (I have no idea how). May 2017 is the expected publication date. Not even a year away!


Much to my surprise, it's not about Eddis. Remember Kamut, the Mede slave? From Goodreads:
Kamet, a secretary and slave to his Mede master, has the ambition and the means to become one of the most powerful people in the Empire. But with a whispered warning the future he envisioned is wrenched away, and he is forced onto a very different path.
I'm wondering if we go to the Mede Empire with Kamut, or if his different path starts on the boat (see: burning boat on cover image). I'm really hoping we see more of Eddis and Sounis (and Gen and Attolia, of course)(and Costis, and the Magus), but I'll be happy no matter what the book's about!

Plus, it has maps!

This links to a brief interview with Megan Whalen Turner. Can I just say that we are all so lucky she has editors and a publisher who give her the time she needs to write her books so well?

It turns out I haven't reviewed any of MWT's Queen's Thief series on my blog, though I've mentioned her the odd time. That's only because I had read them all before I started the blog, and also because I figured everyone would already be familiar with her. Suffice it to say she is required reading for anyone who remotely likes YA fantasy. If you haven't met Eugenides yet, now's the perfect time to be introduced to one of the greatest characters ever created (I'm not exaggerating)!

This calls for some celebratory chocolate!

2 comments: