Friday, July 14, 2017

What I'm taking on the plane: Ireland edition

Aughh! I'm so behind on reviewing books I've read! Blame my garden. I'm leaving for Ireland in an hour, (mom, aunt, sister trip; going to be awesome; we've never been!) and I'm actually all packed and ready (I think: what have I forgotten??), so I can spare a quick post to tell you what I'm bringing to read.

After hearing about it from several bloggers I trust (we should make a new acronym: from here on you are BITs!), I finally ordered Alison Croggon's The Naming from Interlibrary Loan. It just arrived, so of course I'm taking it on the plane (I promise I won't lose it!).

Also from the library, in hardcover, and it's really thick, so not an ideal plane read, (The Naming is pretty thick too) but whatever! The second book in Alwyn Hamilton's Rebel of the Sands trilogy. I'm excited about Traitor to the Throne!

Ebooks from the library:

The next two Genevieve Cogman Invisible Library books, The Masked City and The Burning Page.

In keeping with the same theme I thought I'd try Djengo Wexler's YA book The Forbidden Library.

And there was a book I'd never heard of called Palace of Spies, by Sarah Zettel, that I thought I'd try because it looks fun.

Purchased for my Kindle:

Blood for Blood, the sequel to Ryan Graudin's Wolf by Wolf. (I know I said I was going to read the sequel right away, but I got distracted.)
A Peace Divided, the next in Tanya Huff's Peacekeeper series.
In the Garden of Iden, the first book in Kage Baker's Company series.


2 comments:

  1. Holy Smoke! That is quite a list! How long will you be gone? Ireland is magnificent. Have a spectacular trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaa I'm so excited for you to read In the Garden of Iden! That's the perfect vacation book, and if you like it then you can immediately read the others which is a GREAT situation. All around an excellent selection of plane/vacation books. :)

    ReplyDelete