Sunday, May 14, 2017

Awesome bookstore!

I had to share some photos of the largest outdoor bookstore in the world(?) (or maybe North America?) anyway, its in Ojai, California, and it's the most amazing bookstore I've ever been in.

Bart's Books is a used bookstore with a fantastic collection. The SFF section was particularly impressive. (In case you were wondering, I came away with  Mendoza in Hollywood, by Kage Baker (if anyone has read this series, do you think it's okay for me to start with book 3? They didn't have Garden of Iden), Cuckoo's Egg, by C.J. Cherryh (also book 3 of a series, as it turns out), and A Thousand Words for Stranger, by Julie Czerneda. I didn't have time to get past the C's! (Nor would I have had space in my luggage.))










4 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely. I could get lost in there! Or spend all my money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have nearly enough time to explore all its nooks and crannies!

      Delete
  2. Oh my God DO NOT START WITH Mendoza in Hollywood. You definitely cannot start with book three. The series is terrific and a lot of fun, but you for SURE can't jump in with book three. Read the first two first. I'm sorry they're hard to find! It'll be worth it, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, okay! That's why I asked. I will go find Garden of Iden, then, shall I? :)

      Delete