Sunday, April 7, 2019

What I'm Reading Now

I'm procrastinating doing reviews (because that always works so well for me) but I'm reading some great stuff!


Martha Wells, City of Bones. This woman can world-build; she is, like, the champion world-builder of all. I'm getting through her backlist while awaiting the Murderbot novel.

Kenneth Oppel, Inkling: love everything about this book!


Lois McMaster Bujold, Sharing Knife series. Enjoyed the new novella so much I had to go back to the world. Her writing kills me sometimes, it's so wonderful.

William Alexander, Ghoulish Song and Goblin Secrets: intriguing storylines in an inventive world. Not as funny as Ambassador and Nomad but really likeable characters.

Rebecca Roanhorse, Trail of Lightning: pretty gory so far, but I like the characters and the world.

Danielle L. Jensen, Dark Shores: a Roman-like empire and an interesting sea-faring people (book blurb says pirates but they're really not); telepathic sea-monsters and magic transportation that sounds like wormholes. Pretty cool.

Also out from the library:

Ann Leckie, The Raven Tower. Forcing myself to finish all the above before I start this one!
Victoria Schwab, City of Ghosts
Meg Medina, Merci Suárez Changes Gears
G. Willow Wilson, The Bird King

1 comment:

  1. Inkling has been on my list for a while. I need to get to it. The others aren't the sort of thing I read, but thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete