Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sequels I'm Excited About

While we all wait for Sherlock Season 3 and the new Doctor Who, it's time for fall book releases, so there are lots of things to get excited about. Even more exciting are the sequels I didn't notice have already been released, so I don't even have to wait!

And, even more exciting, I'm going to see Maggie Steifvater tomorrow at the Vancouver Writer's Fest!

Maggie Steifvater: The Dream Thieves, sequel to The Raven Boys (review here)
Sarah Rees Brennan: Untold, sequel to Unspoken
Rae Carson: The Bitter Kingdom, Girl of Fire and Thorns Book 3 (quick review here) She's got some stories and a novella to round out the series as well.
Elizabeth Wein: Rose Under Fire, companion novel to Code Name Verity (review here)


And these aren't sequels, but are new books by authors I love, so pretty exciting too:

Holly Black: Doll Bones
Anne Ursu: The Real Boy
Robin McKinley: Shadows
Patrick Ness: More Than This


2 comments:

  1. I am dying to read The Dream Thieves and More Than This too, Kim! I ordered TDT on book depository about a month ago but it still hasn't arrived yet. BTW, have you read Ness's other books? Oh, I am in l-o-v-e with Chaos Walking though I haven't read Monsters of Men yet because I'm scared of it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I've read Chaos Walking; I've had that life-changing experience! I get why you're scared of the last book, and I won't say it's not justified, but you have to read it! Let's just say, I thought it was a better conclusion that Mockingjay was to Hunger Games.

      Reviews of More Than This and Dream Thieves coming soon. (Hint: they're both awesome!)

      Delete