Wednesday, February 20, 2019

What caught my eye at the bookstore today

I went into the bookstore for board books for a baby shower gift (my go-to baby gifts, in case you were wondering: Sandra Boynton, Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Each Peach Pear Plum by the Ahlbergs). Of course I had to wander past the display tables in the YA and kids' section. 

Here are a few books I hadn't heard of that looked interesting enough for me to keep my eyes open for library versions:


Fox magic in space. Sign me up now!











Inhabitants of paintings come to life: sounds cool! Also the cover is shiny.

I'm a sucker for kids-kicked-out-of-the-academy-are-the-only-ones-who-can-save-it stories. Might be my early Han Solo crush or something.

 I didn't even read the synopsis. The cover is so pretty! (I think it's the second book of a series?)(Something to do with skyscrapers, I'm guessing!)

Magic, Versailles and the French Revolution. Yes, please.










And the one book I did buy, because it's Kenneth Oppel:


No comments:

Post a Comment